Category: Arts & Humanities: Photography
When choosing a major in a competitive field, it is important to attend a reputable college. The reason is because attending the absolute best school for photography will greatly increase your chances of finding a great job. Since it is likely that you will want to work at a magazine or other competitive company where jobs are sparse and applicants are high, the right college can either make or break you. Here are five of the top U.S. photography schools that you will want to take into consideration when looking for a school to earn your education from.
1. Brooks Institute of Photography is one of the most well known schools in this field. This Santa Barbara, California School is targeted at students who are interested in a career in photography, film making, photojournalism, and graphic design. One of the best things about this photography school is that only the best and most well known individuals are hired as teachers. This means that you will be learning from the best at a school which has a reputable name.
2. The Art Institutes consist of some of the most reputable schools for photography, graphic design, fashion design, and various other areas of art throughout the whole entire nation. There are locations in New York City, Pittsburgh, Raleigh-Durham, Tampa, Miami, Hollywood, Los Angeles, Sacramento, Houston, Dallas, and many other major cities. The Art Institutes are very well known and reputable, making them a great place to consider earning your photography degree from.
3. Harrington College of Design is one of the top U.S. photography schools. With its location in Chicago, Illinois, Harrington College of Design offers programs in digital photography, interior design, and communication design. With well known photographers and other art individuals as educators, the Harrington College of Design is an excellent option for those who are looking to earn a degree in this field.
4. Brown College is located in Minnesota, and is a school which has a very reputable name for its arts programs. It is considered to have one of the best photography programs in the United States. Brown College has programs in digital photography, interior design, and visual communications. Anyone who is looking to attend a college that is well known for its arts programs will want to think about attending Brown College.
5. Center of Digital Imaging Arts at Boston University is another one of the most well known schools for photography. With well known and professional photographers as faculty members, you will learn all that you can. New England schools are often reputable for their arts programs, and the Center of Digital Imaging Arts at Boston University is no exception.
These are the five most reputable schools for photography in the United States. After attending one of these reputable U.S. photography schools, it is likely that you will be able to acquire enough knowledge about visual arts to find the job of your choice. Since you will be taught by well known instructors and professional photographers, these schools will help ensure that you make the most of your photography degree.